PayPay, a fintech company, that achieved more than 30M users in a little bit less than 2 years since its launch in 2018 has hugely diversified employees who are from 35 different countries. The number of employees by now is more than 1,000 staff members, and yet the company is still incomplete and at a growing stage.
To build “PayPay”, we allied with Paytm, the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technologies , we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan.
Our biggest competitor is “cash”. We are seeking for people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed that other companies could never achieve, and who are passionate about promoting and spreading such a financial life platform in a short time along with professionalism.
About our working style, we had introduced a new personnel system called WFA (Working From Anywhere). At PayPay, we work fully remotely in Japan. Therefore, the working place or your living place doesn't matter. Even if you are living in a local area, the salary and benefit package will be at an international level while you enjoy working with world class colleagues. You will find such a way of working at PayPay!
PayPay is looking for a DBA to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our Japanese customers.
- Database operations, including monitoring, configuration management, upgrade, scaling, backup, and data migration
- Troubleshoot stability and performance problems
- Educate software engineers on database best practices
- Research and test new tools in database ecosystems, and adopt them in PayPay
- More than 3 years of DBA experience. Among 3 years, minimum of 1 year with using MySQL.
- Experience in distributed database, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, TiDB or HBase, Elasticsearch.
- Familiar with and specialized in one relational database's configuration, backup, optimization, and monitoring. Possess deep insight and knowledge about your expertise.
- Familiar with shell and Python
- Familiar with Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Experience troubleshooting critical issues online
- Experience working with NoSQL or NewSQL databases
- Experience working with TiDB
Minato-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
PayPay Careers / PayPay
- Company: PayPay Corporation
- Forms of employment: Permanent Staff
- Salary: Based on experience, skills, performance and contribution.
- NOTE: Pay day is on 25th of every month.
- Salary Increase: Reviewed based on performance evaluation and PayPay's business performance.
- NOTE: In principle, you will be reviewed for a raise once in a year.
- Evaluation System: You will be evaluated based on your performance and contribution to PayPay.
- Working Hours: In principle, from 10:00am to 18:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m ＋ 1 hour lunch break from 12pm to 13pm in principle)
- ※ Work from remote in principle
- We use super flextime system which do not set core hours.
- Some divisions have exceptions (e.g.: regular working hours, shift work, alternative work schedule and etc.)
- We may have overtime work based on business needs.
- Reduced working hours for those who have to take care of their children and/or family members.
- Days Off: Saturdays and Sundays. National holidays. Year end holidays from December 29th to January 4th.
- Holidays: Annual paid leave, congratulatory or condolence leave, maternity leave, sick/injured child care leave, family care leave and etc.
- Various Allowances: Overtime allowance, late-night work allowance and Work from home allowance (100,000JPY/year)
- Benefits: Social insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance,) defined contribution pension system (TBC) and etc.
- Training Program: We have various training programs for different kinds of needs.
- Contract Period: Employment at will.
- Probationary Period: In principle, we regard the first 3 months as the probationary period.
- Retirement Age: 60 years old.
- Others: PC and phone are given (based on the company’s regulations)
- Application Review (1-2 weeks) We review your profile based on your submitted materials.
- 1 - 3 Interviews (online) You will have 1 to 3 interviews with our engineers and HR.
※ After you passed 1st interview, you will have a reference check. We will announce you in detail after you pass the 1st interview.