PingCAP is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By building TiDB, a globally scalable hybrid transactional and analytical database and one of the most popular open source database in the world (don’t take our word for it, check it out: https://github.com/pingcap/tidb), which enables companies to painlessly scale their business while keeping the underlying infrastructure simple. Our product has been trusted and verified by web-scale application leaders and adopted by over 1000 users across industries. We’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of TiDB. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the database for the future!
As the Sr. product manager in PingCAP, you will work on building the TiDB Database-as-a-Service product based on public cloud, enabling users worldwide to use the out-of-the-box database service with features of auto-scaling, high availability, and hybrid OLTP/OLAP capability brought by TiDB. You will be actively involved with the product offerings throughout the product life cycle, managing strategic planning, user requirements, and feature design. As a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, you will work both independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed.
- Own the roadmap for TiDB cloud product and automate solutions to secure public cloud deployments at scale to increase adoption of TiDB in the global market
- Define database-as-a-service product capabilities and functions, manage feature prioritization and trade-off decision making, and design application-developer experience (UI/UX) to meet customers' needs
- Collaborate with the TiDB kernel technology team to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in public cloud environments
- Create product-related awareness and marketing materials, and promote products and product strategies
- Establish feedback loops with customers to incorporate product enhancements
- 5+ years of experience in product management, preferably Cloud Computing (PaaS, IaaS) and experience in enterprise database-as-a-service products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to distill a complex set of requirements into defined deliverables
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- In-office catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
PingCAP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Apply now by sending a cover letter and your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.