PingCAP is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By building TiDB, a globally scalable hybrid transactional and analytical database and one of the most popular open source database in the world (don’t take our word for it, check it out: https://github.com/pingcap/tidb), which enables companies to painlessly scale their business while keeping the underlying infrastructure simple. Our product has been trusted and verified by web-scale application leaders and adopted by over 1000 users across industries. We’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of TiDB. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the database for the future!
We are looking for a salesperson to start and drive the sales cross APAC who are sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best. You will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of full-cycle sales executives focussed on closing deals covering Enterprises within Asia Pacific.
The ideal candidate has the experience scaling from 1 to many and been pioneer in the region in the past
You are customer focused, metrics driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy, and are passionate about helping his/her team succeed.
Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about scaling their businesses and helping them solve their scaling issues and drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers scale their databases.
You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions (Finance, Marketing, Product, Legal) to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise sales at an established open source technology company or company with mature cloud offerings (AWS/Azure/GCP, etc.)
- Willing to get her/his hands dirty to build the sales operations and playbook from scratch
- A deal closer with a track record of winning large deals
- Experience and willingness to strive in a startup environment
- Preferably with an engineering background, either by academic training or work experience
- A player coach with a mind for strategy and process, but who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and help to solve challenging problems for customers directly.
- At least 2+ years management experience. Experience leading a virtual team that spans geographical and cultural boundaries is a big plus.
- A leader with experience working as part of an overlay team within a go-to-market organization or something similar.
- Someone who is always looking to streamline and simplify the way things are done.
- Someone with a highly inclusive style who values and celebrates diversity within teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science strongly preferred;
- Willingness to travel to customer sites.
- Close “lighthouse” accounts by working with our solutions architect team
- Develop a sales process and playbook with a lean sales organization
- Hiring and training new employees while coaching and developing your existing team.
- Establish distribution partnerships to accelerate product adoption in the APAC market
- Fostering a strong culture of collaboration and customer empathy in your team.
- Build the foundation of the sales team to scale product commercialization
- Collaborating with other customer facing teams to ensure that your group is meeting the needs of customers, proactively addressing issues as they arise, and managing customer escalations when things sometimes go wrong.
- Opportunity to build and shape a powerful, industry-changing database product from the get-go;
- Working with a globally team of passionate (and compassionate) developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics;
- Competitive salary;
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup;
Benefits to keep you happy and healthy:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off
- In-office catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
- Commuter benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor
PingCAP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Apply now by sending a cover letter and your latest resume to email@example.com.